DEADLINE: February 15, 2020
The Visual Artist Fellowship is designed to help artists in the Philadelphia Region reach new levels in their career. Artists will be asked to demonstrate a vision for the next stage of their professional or artistic practice and a clear plan for CFEVA’s proposed role in reaching it. Artists will be selected by an independent Board of Artistic Advisors based on the merit of their artwork and a demonstrated ability to reach stated goals. Four artists will be selected to receive a full range of career support during the two-year Fellowship period. In addition, selected artists will receive a $1,000 award and up to $3,000 to cover expenses related to the proposed activity. We invite all artists to apply with their current needs and ideas, regardless of their status as emerging, mid-career, or established. Artists within 150 miles of Philadelphia are eligible to apply. Please note each application is reviewed carefully and all applicants are also eligible for exhibitions, sales, teaching, and other opportunities through CFEVA.
CFEVA support includes:
- Guidance and career support from CFEVA’s Executive Artistic Director and Board of Artistic Advisors.
- Introductions to notable curators and collectors.
- Career Enhancement Excursions, such as visits to art fairs and private collections.
- A complimentary CFEVA Artist Membership.
- Complimentary registration and featured placement in CFEVA's annual Philadelphia Open Studio Tours.
- Inclusion in CFEVA’s permanent collection.