In conjunction with the celebration of the 50th year of the Holiday House Tour, the Old Mill Hill Society invites local and regional photographers to submit up to 5 digital images of original work for consideration. The exhibition will be held at Artworks. The purpose of "Coming to Light" is to display the many facets of this urban neighborhood in Trenton, revitalized by its residents over the past 50 years.
PRIZES: 1st, 2nd, 3rd cash prizes and Honorable Mention
- Entries can be in any photographic medium (digital or process), and must have been taken in Mill Hill Historic District. Download a map showing the boundaries of the neighborhood.
- All accepted work must be framed or finished and wired, ready to hang. Works on paper must be under glass or plexiglass.
- Maximum height and width: 48" x 48"
Label each digital image with your LAST NAME, TITLE, IMAGE NUMBER and DIMENSIONS, i.e. Smith_Mercer Street1_18x24
Format: JPG not to exceed 2MB for each image submitted must be submitted by email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete and submit the online Registration Form.
- Artists are also welcome to submit a short statement about why they chose the image or how it represents the Mill Hill neighborhood.
- Entry fee: A fee of $20 covers up to 3 submissions, $25 covers 4 or 5 submissions. Payment can be made by PayPal (see below) or by check made out to OMHS, PO Box 1263, Trenton, NJ 08607. PLEASE NOTE ON CHECKS "LIGHT".
- Submitted images may be used by the Old Mill Hill Society on its website, Facebook page, in emails or other advertising media for publicity purposes.
- Deadline for digital submissions is October 28, 2016. Incomplete submissions or submissions received after October 28 at 11pm will not be considered.
- You will receive an email notification of acceptance no later than November 4, 2016. If you do not receive an email of acceptance by this date, your work has not been chosen for exhibition.
- Accepted submissions may be dropped off Tuesday or Wednesday, November 15 and 16 between 11am and 6pm or Thursday, November 17 between 11am and 8pm at Artworks, on Stockton Street between Front and Market (19 Everett Alley, Trenton, 08611, Directions from Artworks website) Work must be delivered in person. Shipped work is not accepted. All accepted artwork is to remain on display for the duration of the exhibit.
- The curators will not exhibit works that arrive in non-display-ready condition, was not photographed in Mill Hill or that differ from the quality portrayed in submitted images.
IDENTIFICATION OF ARTWORK:
All artwork must be identified on the back with name, title, and price.
Payment for sold work will be made to the artist by check and mailed after the conclusion of the exhibit.
Artwork will be insured while on Artworks' premises for 65% of the value stated by the artist on the entry form.
Submission and Exhibition Schedule
- Deadline for digital submission: October 28 at 11pm.
- Notification of accepted work: November 4.
- Drop off of accepted work: November 15-17.
- Exhibition: November 22 - December 10.
- Reception: December 3 5 - 9pm
- Exhibit Pickup: December 13-14.
Curated by Jean Bickal & Andrew Wilkinson
For more information, contact the Old Mill Hill Society at email@example.com